Many people dream every day to have a neat kitchen without any clutter that interferes with its functionality. However, many people think that it will take a lot of work to achieve this dream. Because we already have a lot of daily responsibilities, we tend to refuse to do extra work in the kitchen, so we don’t take the necessary steps to achieve our goals.
1. If something is of no use, get rid of it
Have you ever thought about the number of cups, dishes, jars, and other kitchen items you keep and never use?
It’s time to say goodbye to them and start using your space more productively.
If you’re one of those people who find it difficult to get rid of things, here are two questions you should ask yourself when considering whether or not to get rid of something:
- When was the last time you used it?
- When will it be needed again and for what?
2. Use vertical space everywhere
Both the walls and the inside of the cabinet doors can save space. You can put up shelves or stands to store items that you never seem to find a place for. Pot lids and pans, for example. You can also purchase special organizers for them.
Organizers are also available for other items such as buckets and rolling pins. Almost any cooking utensil can find its place in your kitchen thanks to these organizers.
3. Use storage options
From the very beginning, you should pay attention to the amount of space you have if you want to create an organized kitchen.
To do this, you can choose one of the following storage options:
- Open storage: Having an open piece of furniture or shelves where you can put spices or other ingredients is a bright and practical way, especially if you have nice glass jars for it.
- Drawers: By simply opening the drawer and unfolding the inner tray, you can see all the kitchen items or ingredients you have and you can choose the one you need.
- Rotating shelves: This is another great idea that will help you organize your kitchen better. They increase the amount of space, especially if you have small cabinets.
4. Properly organize small appliances
How you choose to use your small appliances will depend on your personal preferences. For example, silver coffee makers can be a great decorative element for your kitchen. So they have two uses and will look even better if you also have a silver fridge and stove.
However, on the other hand, if your coffee maker is not used as a decoration, you should not see it when you are not using it.
That way, you’ll always know where it is when you want to use it, but it won’t be taking up valuable space somewhere on top.
5. Use drawers for everything
When it comes to your kitchen, the more storage options you have, the better. Of course, this means you need to have drawers to store things like:
- waste baskets
- spices and herbs
If you don’t have enough drawers for all of these things, consider using other storage boxes. For example, painted wooden boxes can be used for this.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate