Until a few years ago, having a pool at home was a luxury. Today you can buy an inexpensive pool, quickly install it and enjoy the cool swim in the summer heat.
How to choose the right pool?
Before you buy a pool, you need to decide how you plan to use it:
- for children,
- as a decorative pond (for beauty),
- for adults (small or large groups),
- like a training pool,
- for swimming.
Stationary pools (concrete, composite, polypropylene, fiberglass, etc.) have a luxurious look, but not everyone can afford them.
They are usually large, expensive, require a large area, professional installation, and maintenance, and expensive water treatment equipment.
If you want to make a pool quickly and inexpensively – this option is not for you.
The simplest and cheapest option for a swimming pool is an inflatable one. It is light, easy to carry, easy to store, and quick to install.
Usually, an inflatable pool consists of several rings on the sides that inflate and hold their shape. You can choose a pool of different sizes and depths, so you can install it almost anywhere.
But such pools are usually short-lived, they are easy to damage, and they fade quickly in the sun.
The second type of popular pool is a frame pool. They consist of a metal frame with a water tank (soft PVC bowl).
Such a pool must be installed in a designated place. It takes more time to install a frame pool than for an inflatable pool.
To maintain such a pool, you need a water filtration system or cleaning reagents, ladders for easy lifting and lowering into the pool, awning for covering. These items are usually part of good pools.
Frame pools come in different shapes and sizes. They are easy to install and maintain without the involvement of professionals.
The main advantages of the frame pool:
- resistance to mechanical damage;
- long service life, especially in comparison with inflatable pools (with proper care, the frame model will last about 10 years);
- resistance to temperature changes;
- wide range of shapes and sizes;
- reasonable price;
- ease of transportation and installation.
How to install a frame pool?
- Choose a place. There should be a source of energy (for connecting filter equipment) and water near the pool. Consider where the water will flow.
- The plot should be flat and sunny. Trees shouldn’t grow nearby.
- Make a marking according to the dimensions of the pool, remove the turf, level the surface, and cover it with sand.
- The place for pool should be made of wood flooring or PVC film and put a layer of polystyrene on top.
- Next, you need to lay a special canvas on which the structure is mounted (it is usually included in the pool).
- Mount the frame and bowl according to the instructions.
- Fill the bowl with water, straighten the liner, and avoid creases. Install the filtration system and check for leaks.
How to care for a frame pool?
A filtration system is needed to keep the pool water clean. For water filtration in the frame pool it is necessary to use:
- filter pump that removes mechanical contaminants;
- skimmer, which cleans the surface of the water from mechanical contamination;
- nets and brushes for catching large debris and cleaning the walls of the bowl;
chemicals, without which it will not be possible to maintain the bacteriological purity of water.
Picture Credit: Unsplash