Image credit: feverpitched
Man is constantly exposed to negative environmental factors. A threat to the health of people can be their own home. In its bowels often also hide numerous allergens, which have to face every day.
The territory that a person considers a personal island of security, in fact, may conceal even a greater threat than a street.
Experts offer recommendations for people who are not by hearsay familiar with allergies, bronchial asthma and other diseases of the respiratory system.
Air filtration for optimal breathing
Air autonomous filters are simply necessary to facilitate the breathing of a person living in a large city. They detain solid particles, such as dust and dandruff, as well as various chemicals. The most highly effective of them are those that remove allergens from the atmosphere of the premises. This type of filter is called High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA).
The first place to install an air filter is a bedroom in which people spend most of their time. It often turns out to be the most polluted allergen room in the house.
To remove harmful substances and allergens from the atmosphere of the dwelling also help filter kitchen extracts. They are easy to install and inexpensive, but help significantly reduce the level of air pollution in the house.
To maintain the cleanliness of the airspace of the premises, you should also take care of the condition of the air conditioners. Being clean, they act like air filters. But if the air conditioner is dusty, its filters or tray are filled with mold fungi and filled with other dangerous substances, it will actually increase the number of allergens in the house.
In order for air conditioners to truly clean the air, it is necessary to wash their filters monthly and completely clean the air ducts at least once every five years.
Pest control and prevention of bronchial asthma
Some will be surprised, but microscopic dust mites often make people’s breathing difficult. The fact is that the proteins that are invisible to the unaided look of pests and products of their vital activity often cause allergies and, as a consequence, develops bronchial asthma.
They eat scraped particles of people’s skin and hide in bedding, boxes for storing laundry, carpeting, upholstery upholstery, etc.
Image credit: Burst
To destroy the dust mites should:
- to put mattresses and pillows in hypoallergenic cases equipped with lightning;
- all bedding should be washed weekly in hot water (the temperature should be at least 55 ° C) and dry in the dryer at the highest temperature or in the sun;
- maintain the temperature of the living areas is not higher than 25 ° C, since, under this condition, dust mites lose their ability to reproduce.
Another dangerous pest is a cockroach. His proteins often provoke the symptoms of allergy and bronchial asthma, making breathing difficult for patients.
Image credit: dechatorn
- it is necessary to block the ways in which pests can penetrate the house, including windows, cracks in walls;
- prevent and eliminate any water leakage, as cockroaches need it;
- in addition, they need food, so you should store the products in hermetically sealed containers, thoroughly clean all work surfaces and floors in the kitchen, immediately remove any edible crumbs, etc.;
- keep clean the trays of animals, as cockroaches attract their feces;
- returning from the store home, immediately disassemble purchases and throw packages and wrapping paper into garbage containers outside the house, as cockroaches often “migrate” into them, penetrating the homes of people from grocery stores and supermarkets.
Weekly general cleaning against allergies
Cleanliness in the house not only provides a pleasant living environment for all family members, but also helps to keep the level of allergens under control, ensuring optimal breathing.
Experts recommend weekly general cleaning:
- wash floors;
- clean all carpets and upholstered furniture with a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter, not forgetting the backs of chairs and sofas where dust, dust mites and mold can hide;
- wipe the windowsills, furniture and other surfaces.
It is better to clean the premises of a healthy member of the family. If this is not possible, the patient with an allergy diagnosis, bronchial asthma or other respiratory diseases should wear a respirator, starting to fight dust and other pollution in the house.
Creating a habitat for a person with allergies, you should adhere to the rules, “than the land, the better.” Mist loves moisture, as well as pests, is often the cause of the disease.
- Experts recommend to maintain relative humidity in the house no more than 30-50%, using, if necessary, special devices for air drying.
- The tank for collecting water in the desiccant must be washed at least once a week.
- On especially wet days, keep windows closed and use air conditioning.
- To measure humidity in a home, you can use a tool called a hygrometer.
The fewer parts, the better
The more trinkets, jewelry, books, magazines and other small items are placed, hanging and decomposed in the house, the more opportunities for the existence of allergens. By limiting the number of frames, statuettes and other dust traps in the house, it is possible to ease the breathing of all family members.
Not only that, the mold can cause symptoms of allergy (tearing, runny nose, headaches, cough), some types of mold fungi release deadly substances for humans.
- In order to prevent the growth of colonies of mold fungi, it is necessary to reduce the humidity in the house and to eliminate all leaks of water.
- If there is visible mildew on any surface, it is necessary to rinse it with water with soap and, if necessary, with a 5% solution of chlorine, and then dry well.
- If you can not wash the moldy object, you must throw it away.
- We recommend that you regularly clean the inside of the refrigerator, especially by thoroughly cleaning the rubber seals on the doors.
- To prevent the appearance of mildew in the bathroom, install the exhaust fan and turn it on, taking a shower or bath.
- It is best to remove carpet from the bathroom, and replace any wallpaper with a tile.
- Instantly change the moldy curtains for the shower and bath.
Use a chlorine solution to clean the toilet, sinks, etc.