Of course, you can entrust housekeeping to cleaning services, but no one else will be able to deal with clothes in your closet. In this article, we will talk about how to disassemble a wardrobe – one of those places where the largest number of unnecessary things accumulate.
Preparatory stage. The day before wardrobe cleaning
1. Clean the floor of the room where it is standing.
2. Prepare an old clean sheet or oilcloth.
3. Stock up on boxes or garbage bags (preferably opaque, why – explain later).
4. Prepare dust cloths inside the closet. If you like the extra light smell of clothing, you can also prepare a sachet, a fragrant soap, or, for example, a bag of vanilla.
The main stage. Cleaning day
1. Unload everything from the wardrobe. Before doing this, estimate the amount of upcoming work. If your closet is simply gigantic and you feel that you are unable to disassemble its contents at a time, do not scoff at yourself. Just break it into several sections and scatter the cleaning for several days.
2. So, we determined the scope of work. Unloaded everything from the closet to a sheet or oilcloth. Now set the timer for 30 minutes. It is important.
3. Wipe the inside of the closet with a damp cloth. You need to wipe all the shelves and the floor of the cabinet, but do not get carried away. You just need to get rid of the dust.
4. While the cabinet is drying, start sorting clothes. We divide them into three heaps:
- throw out;
The main thing is to make decisions quickly. The longer you ponder, the more chances your rubbish has to fall into a “toss” pile. By the way, you will think less – finish cleaning faster.
Put everything that you decide to throw away right away into boxes or bags.
5. The timer that you started for 30 minutes rang? You can take a break, have some tea. Just do not get too carried away by rest, otherwise, it will be difficult to return to cleaning.
6. We return to the closet. We start the timer again and continue the exciting preparations for the spring.
After you have scattered all clothes in three heaps, you can proceed to the next step. Discharge bags, as we have already said, need to be put closer to the exit, tying them at the same time. You can even immediately send someone from home to throw these bags out of sight.
7. The “leave” bunch needs to be sorted again: into seasonal and non-seasonal clothes. First of all, send off-season items for washing and repair (sew, sew on a button), if necessary, and then pack them for long-term storage (do not forget to invest in moths if your items are wool).
8. Seasonal items should also be examined for the need for washing and minor repairs. Put all clothes, both seasonal and non-seasonal, requiring repair, in a separate package. You can do it the next day. But again – do not delay. Otherwise, this package, if it stands for weeks, will become the harbinger of a big mess.
9. Carefully fold all seasonal items that do not require washing and repair.
10. Everything, today the cleaning is over. If you have mastered the entire cabinet, then you can breathe absolutely free. If only one section has been dismantled, it means that several more active harvest days await you. However, we hope that with our advice they will become more calm, easy and effective for you.
Picture Credit: Unsplash