What do you need for productive sleep and a pleasant awakening?
When you planning a bedroom, try to place the bedroom on the east, preferably with a beautiful landscape window. Then you will wake up under the rays of the rising sun and will enjoy the scenery.
It’s could be very practical if you can planning a bathroom next to the bedroom. The normal option is to enter the bathroom two steps from the bedroom.
Place a dressing room in the bedroom: it will save you from closets and unnecessary thoughts about storing things, plus, you can dress inside the dressing room so as not to disturb those who sleep.
Also, the dressing room can be an intermediate area between the bedroom and the bathroom.
We need a bedroom for a good night’s sleep and a pleasant awakening to be alert during the day. Therefore, fill the bedroom with beautiful and pleasant items.
Functional elements should also be pleasant: curtains, bed linen, vases, candlesticks.
It is desirable to hang curtains made of natural fabrics and to have two types:
- light curtains, which transmits light;
- thick curtains, which protect from it.
If your working day is irregular and you have to sleep during the day, it is necessary to have blackout curtains, which completely block the light.
Carefully arrange the furniture to make the bedroom cozy and safe:
- Routes between the functional areas should be as convenient, direct, and unobstructed as possible.
- In order not to suffer from temperature changes, do not place the bed close to the window, heating equipment, and air conditioning.
- There should be a place next to the bed where it will be convenient to put the little things that you pick up before going to bed or after waking up. It is not necessary to placing bedside tables on both sides of your bed, sometimes it gives the impression of a hotel. On one side you can put a bedside table, and on the other – a small table or low chest of drawers.
- Put a banquette in front of the bed to put breakfast or fold blankets.
It is better to place the bed in the center of the wall so that access to it is two-way.
It’s great if you can put your bed in front of the window: you can admire the scenery immediately after waking up. If this is not possible, you can put a mirror in front of the window to reflect light and make the room more spacious and brighter.
For residents of megacities, it is useful to equip the room with an oxygen device, it is simple and takes up little space.
Incandescent lamps illuminate the face well and do not irritate the eyes.
Local lighting is also required: to read in bed, put table lamps or spotlights that can be adjusted. This way you will not interfere with the rest of the other person in the bedroom.
If the room has a chair or sofa, it is good to install a floor lamp nearby.
Install an additional light switch next to the bed so that you do not have to get out of bed.
It is recommended to choose pastel shades and avoid bright ones that can irritate the eyes. But, first of all, listen to yourself, because for vigor you may need red.
Picture Credit: Pexels