To make granite countertops pleasing to the eye, it will take only a little of your time! Click here to get useful tips on the care of granite surfaces.
Avoid acid and abrasive cleaners, as they can damage beautiful granite surfaces. Always carefully read the instructions on the labels before using the cleaning agent for granite and test its effect on a small and subtle area of the surface.
- For daily rubbing of granite surfaces you will need a small amount of water and a cloth made of microfiber.
- For a more thorough cleaning, use a specialized cleaning agent for cleaning granite.
- Avoid such abrasive and acidic detergents as vinegar.
- The sealant for granite will protect your surfaces from damage.
Granite countertops look great in any kitchen. This material is often used in the design of bathrooms. The stone, which is formed from volcanic magma, will serve as a magnificent decoration for any interior. Also, the granite is heat-resistant and shockproof, which makes the countertops of it almost the ideal working surface for the kitchen.
Although granite is beautiful in every way, it requires regular care to keep its shiny appearance longer without stains and scratches. To prevent stains from appearing on the granite, wipe the surface of the tabletop regularly with a microfiber cloth. Read on to find out how to properly clean the granite countertops.
How to clean the granite?
There are many ways to clean the granite. For granite countertops it is best to look after:
- Daily, wipe off the surface of the table top with dust.
- After each cooking, wipe it with a slightly damp microfiber cloth.
- Regularly wipe the surface with a special tool for cleaning granite (it can be bought at a hardware store) or alternatives to home cooking. But do not use vinegar, since the acid can dissolve the surface of the polished stone.
What type of granite cleaning agent is best used?
Can I use a hand washing liquid to clean the granite countertops? Read on and find out which tool is best to choose for cleaning granite.
- Abrasive and acidic chemicals will bring a polished surface more harm than good. Therefore, it is more reasonable to find a specialized tool for cleaning granite or marble, with a balanced pH level Just spray it on the surface and wipe it.
- For additional protection and a stable shine, try using a granite sealant. It is indispensable in the kitchen, as it provides protection from food stains ..
If you intend to use a sealant, it is important to choose a water based agent, since the granite is easily colored. Always test the funds on a small and subtle area of the surface.
- You can also wipe the granite countertop with a home remedy – mix soft acid-free soap with water – then, without washing off, simply wipe with a clean towel.
- Regular cleaning of granite surfaces (at least twice a week) will help you to preserve their original appearance for a long time.
Image credit: JamesDeMers