Image credit: annca
It is important that the house is always clean, it is important to make a dry and damp cleaning regularly.
It’s erroneous to assume that wet cleaning is always better and more efficient dry. The combination of both types of surface cleaning helps keep the house clean. In order to formulate an individual optimal schedule of alternation of purges, it is necessary to understand their features.
In a home where there are no small children and allergies, daily floor washing is not a mandatory procedure. The situation is further complicated by the fact that not all the coatings and materials are honored to keep in regular contact with water and detergents. Carpet, décor items, upholstered furniture should not be washed frequently, mechanical cleaning of dust.
Dry cleaning involves the following:
- Erasing dust from horizontal surfaces using special swaths and napkins.
- Removing dust with upholstered furniture and curtains.
- Floor cleaning, in particular carpets, without water.
Such an intermediate cleaning of the room allows maintaining the order between global cleaning. The dust is removed, and the capricious upholstery of the sofas, expensive carpets and the softest curtain fabric do not suffer from frequent washing and washing.
Knowing what dry cleaning is, it’s easy to make the right choice and make an optimal cleaning schedule at home. If there are no persons with respiratory system diseases, small children and animals, it is enough to clean the house once a week, and to maintain cleanliness between such manipulations will help dry guidance of order.
Even in dry cleaning it is better to work in gloves.
The benefits of damp cleaning are borne out by doctors and connoisseurs of cleanliness. With the help of special tools or the usual bucket and rags, dust can be removed from any surfaces in a qualitative way, but not easily and quickly.
To understand what is a damp cleaning and why it is effective, it is worth understanding the mechanism of interaction between water and dust. Dust is a mixture of solid particles of different origins. It may contain scales of skin, dust mites, soot, pollen of plants, animal wool. In a dry condition, the dust is extremely light and hangs in the air. In the process of interaction with water, it becomes heavier and turns into a similar to the mud, which is easily and simply removed from the surfaces.
Wet cleaning includes the following steps:
- Wipe the dust with a damp cloth or napkin.
- Cleaning of horizontal surfaces.
- Obligatory floor washing.
The work should be carried out in such order, this will ensure the maximum effective removal of dust and any contaminants.
One of the main advantages of cleaning with water is air humidification. The microclimate of any room becomes optimal and positively affects the health, mood and work capacity of a person.
Wet cleaning does not have to be daily.
Proponents of dry and damp cleaning are arguing a lot. The first advocates for the safety of capricious materials and coatings, claiming that powerful household appliances collect dust almost perfectly. The latter insist on the need for air humidification and better removal of contaminants with water. The truth is, as always, somewhere in the middle: only in tandem, dry and wet cleaning can provide the cleanliness of the room and a favorable microclimate. It is also necessary to consider the individual needs of family members and special conditions of living:
- In the house where the baby lives, a wet cleaning should be carried out daily. Over time, increase the intervals and go to the recommended 1-2 times a week.
- Owners of animals, especially fluffy, will have to be cleaned often. Collecting wool with a vacuum cleaner or rags is worth a minimum of a day. The wool is laced with dust in the lump, which becomes a source of allergens.
- Frequent guidance is required in homes whose windows are on lively roads. Street dust contains products of combustion of gasoline and is harmful to health.
If there are no special needs and conditions, it is enough 1 cleaning with a floor washing in a week and 1-2 dry during breaks. Extra wash may require a kitchen and an entrance area. Provided that all households help maintain purity, break into the hallway and do not have a habit to rest on the TV.
Science is at the mercy of purity
To ensure that the dry and wet cleaning of the premises takes as little effort and time as possible, it is worth rationalizing it. It is not necessary to water again or again in a bucket or return to the tap and rinse the old rags. Today, the market presents a lot of appliances and devices that can ease life.
- Napkins for cleaning computer monitors. With their help you can remove dust from any surfaces up to the mirrors. They do not leave divorces and remove static electricity.
- A broom. Modern appliances attract dust with static electricity. After cleaning the broom is sufficient to wash under running water.
- Manual vacuum cleaner. Suitable for intermediate cleaning and cleaning of small fragile decor elements.
- Vacuum cleaner. This is the main assistant in dry cleaning at home.
- Microfiber napkin. This rags for dust removal is much more effective than a rag. Thanks to its porous structure it reliably fixes the smallest particles.
- Washing vacuum cleaner. This high-tech unit allows you to clean up soft furniture, walls, curtains and wash floors without unnecessary effort. Just fill the container with water and switch the mode.
- Comfortable modern mop. Such a device will make the floor washing quick and comfortable. The mistress will not have to lean and rinse the rag manually, the system of squeezing will do everything by herself.
The competent use of the achievements of science and technology makes it possible to increase labor productivity. Even weekly or thorough monthly cleaning will not take all day. But it is better to devote the liberated time to devote himself or to communicate with his family.
Image credit: xiangying_xu
The main enemy of dust is a vacuum cleaner
Modern mistresses highly appreciate all household appliances, because it significantly simplifies the care of the home. But a separate recognition deserves the vacuum cleaners. It is they who help to maintain cleanliness, quickly and effectively remove dust, and therefore, allergens, taking care of the health of the family.
It is important to choose the right vacuum cleaner for dry and wet cleaning, so that the unit meets all requirements. To do this, you need to understand the features and differences of models:
For dry cleaning. Such units differ only in the type of dust collector: it may be a regular bag, cyclone or aquafilter. With some models, you can collect spilled liquids, but do not wash the floor. If it is indicated that it is intended only for dry cleaning, it is better not to risk it.
For dry and damp cleaning. The vast majority of models can be used to clean any kind of coating. A vacuum cleaner capable of washing the floor is a useful development. The principle of its action is that, through a special nebulizer, the unit sprays with water or with the addition of detergent water and draws it through the brush. The procedure is similar to manual washing of floors. To remove dust from upholstered furniture, one scheme of work will be used, another for washing the floors. Just switch the switch to the correct position.
Before making a final decision, it’s worth examining a question, consulting a specialist, discussing all the preferences and needs. And only after that choose the right model. And be sure to make sure that the purpose of the unit is specified in the operating manual.
Modern household assistants make cleaning quick and easy. It is possible to maintain the crystalline purity of the house, spending it literally several hours a week. And the free time is better to devote to communicating with loved ones.