Looking to make some home improvements in 2023 without the hassle of a major renovation? Fortunately, there are plenty of easy ways to enhance your home’s appearance and functionality. Here are ten simple tips to upgrade your abode.
1. Apply a fresh coat of paint: Painting your walls is an inexpensive way to give your home a facelift. Not only will a new color make your space look bigger and brighter, but it’s also an opportunity to switch to neutral shades, which can improve your home’s resale value.
2. Invest in smart home devices: Outfitting your home with smart home features can save you money on energy bills, enhance your security, and make your life easier. Consider adding products like smart bulbs, a learning thermostat, automated window shades, a video doorbell, or a robotic vacuum to your home.
3. Organize your closet: Get organized in the new year by decluttering your bedroom drawers and closets. Sort through your clothes and accessories and donate or sell items that you no longer need. This will free up space for new trends and attire in the future.
4. Clean out your pantry: Don’t forget to organize your kitchen drawers and pantry too! Toss expired foods, old spices, and unused cookbooks. Keep drawers tidy by designating each one for a specific item category.
5. Service your chimney: If you plan to use your fireplace this winter, it’s important to have it serviced to prevent fire hazards, soot buildup, and carbon monoxide poisoning. Hire a certified chimney sweep to ensure that the job is done safely and thoroughly.
6. Clean your grout: Dirty grout can make your home look unsanitary and unattractive. Hire professionals for a deep clean, or use a toothbrush and baking soda to clean lightly soiled areas yourself.
7. Service your HVAC system: Regular maintenance of your heating and cooling systems will keep them running efficiently and save you money on energy bills. Hire professionals to inspect and replace air filters in your home.
8. Clean your windows: Sparkling clean windows can make a huge difference in the appearance of your home. Use soap and water to clean indoor windows and a squeegee for outdoor ones.
9. Conduct a home energy audit: Hire a professional auditor to assess your home’s energy efficiency and identify areas where you can save on energy bills. This assessment includes a room-by-room examination and a review of utility bills.
10. Update light fixtures: Adding or improving interior and exterior lighting can enhance your home’s ambiance and improve functionality. Consider adding light fixtures to your entryway, living spaces, and kitchen and adding exterior lighting for safety and security.
Picture Credit: Freepik