The smell in the refrigerator, from which the nose turns, you can not only disappoint the landlady, but also make the household refuse to eat. So, without delaying the question of how to get rid of the unpleasant odor in the refrigerator, we take emergency measures.
How to remove an unpleasant smell in the refrigerator
The cause of the bad “flavor” in the refrigerator is often a violation of storage conditions and independent defrosting of the unit. We do not consider the purchase of overdue food.
In order to avoid “aromas” in the refrigerator, keep smoked and sausage products in a package, closed containers or a sealed package.
An unpleasant smell can come from products that have expired their shelf life, and they have become a real hotbed of bacteria.
Whatever your choice in the method for eliminating the odor in the refrigerator, proceeding to directly destroy the stench, conduct an audit on the shelves of refrigeration equipment, find (this will not be difficult) and get rid of the source of the problem.
- We stop the power supply of the refrigerator and take out all the products from it;
- wash all the walls of the refrigerator and shelves with warm water with the remedy that you choose to eliminate the smell.
Pay special attention to the drain hole. In most cases, it is there that particles of food accumulate, which are a breeding ground for bacteria.
- wipe dry;
- we process walls of the freezing aggregate with a sponge soaked in a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide.
- again wipe with a dry rag and with the door open, leave the equipment to rest for half an hour.
There are several ways to remove the unpleasant odor in the refrigerator. Let’s dwell on the main:
The most vivid representative of chemical preparations for eliminating an unpleasant smell in the refrigerator is household chemicals. A necessary condition in the choice of chemistry is the presence in its composition of substances that destroy harmful bacteria.
Absorber of smells.
Refrigerators of the latest generation have an additional function – ionization of air. Therefore, happy owners of such household appliances, you can not worry about unpleasant smells.
Simple methods of removing a bad smell have not been canceled, moreover, they are effective and effective.
When processing a defrosted refrigeration unit, we can use:
- water and vinegar in a ratio of 1: 1.
- baking soda.
- lemon. In any means for cleaning the refrigerator squeeze out 5-6 drops of lemon.
After you have washed the refrigerator, do not rush to fill the shelves with food. Allow the refrigerator to idle so that the remedy you use to remove odor starts working.
If the odor from the refrigerator does not knock down, then we can remove bad fridge odor without defrosting the unit, and after putting on the following shelves the following products and products absorbing the “fragrance”:
- activated carbon. Squash the activated carbon package to a powder and place it in the refrigerator for half a day. After 12 hours of smell, no matter how it happened.
- bow. Cut the halved onion into the upper shelf (one half) and the bottom (the other half). Be surprised, but there will be no “aroma” of onions in household appliances.
- black bread. Fresh bread pieces are placed on all shelves and leave for the night. In the morning, do not forget to remove.
- lemon. We leave a slice of lemon in the refrigerator for a day, and then enjoy the citrus aroma.
Take the rule of washing the refrigerator twice a year, immediately wash off the dairy products and sauces spilled on the shelves, do not allow storage of products above the deadline, and then one morning an unpleasant smell in the refrigerator will not spoil your new day.
Image Credit: Pexels